Forum Title: Replacing bifold guide pins
I need to replace the guide pins on my bifold door. At the top and bottom of the door are square cutouts with plastic inserts that seem to hold the pins in place. How do I remove them without destroying the plastic? The replacement parts are just the rods and springs, no plastic inserts. Thank you in advance
Category: Windows & Doors Post By: BILLY DIAZ (St. Louis Park, MN), 01/05/2019

Inside paint, where? Around the windows, possibly. The windows were meant to breathe somewhat, and sealing the air off prevented this. Even storm windows have weep holes. Coupled with keeping the humid heat on 80 degrees, things were meant to sweat, and the paint will peel.

- LEO BREWER (Warren, MI), 02/04/2019

Usually... the bottom pin is square and adjustable, with the square that fits into the floor bracket. It adjustes the height of the door. The top pin is usually round and spring loaded, to allow insertion into the the top jamb mounted bracket. They are available at home/hardware stores.

- KRISTIN COHEN (Moline, IL), 03/03/2019

Remodeling Tips & Resources For Homeowners

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-506-9527